Change management is the management of transformative activities within an organisation in such a way as to ensure that the changes that occur are fully accepted and integrated into daily routine. An effective change management approach is crucial to facilitate the acceptance and use of the digital CRVS system and processes across the organisation and should be done in alignment with wider CRVS strengthening activities. Clear and targeted communications through a variety of different channels should be used to explain what changes are happening, when, and how they will affect each stakeholder.
Define change management approach by completing the Change Management Approach Template, considering:
- Which actors are now involved in the process? How does this affect them, their old roles and their management?
- Who needs to be made aware of system and process changes across all levels of affected institutions?
- What do each of these actors need to know? E.g. how will CRVS Digitisation changes affect each one? What are the benefits of the changes? When are the changes coming?
- What communication methods should be employed to share news of the change? E.g. written communication via email, letter; direct communication via team meetings; visual aids i.e. posters.
- When should each actor be communicated to (depending on their relationship with the changes)?
- Who could act as “Change Champions” within the organisation?
- How will you monitor the acceptance/feedback of the change?
- How will you respond to change feedback?
Identify the required team to implement the change management approach; on-board these resources onto the CRVS Digitisation Team and ensure that they understand the scope and objectives of the CRVS Digitisation Project.
Define communications plan and update Implementation Plan to reflect communication activities and advocacy.
Create communications content that will be used in each identified form of communication.